Consciousness Cleanse - Three Weeks to a Better Future
Mar 02, 2011 10:13PM
This month is a powerful time to assess where we’ve been, acknowledge where we are right now and dream our most beautiful life into being. Starting now, we can move from the outdated modes of our limited thinking mind to tune into our eternal divine mind. Acting on these three recommended cleansing phases—one a week for the next three weeks—will work to lift us out of resignation and mediocrity into hope and excitement, and connect us with a future filled with surprises, possibility and deep purpose.Week One: The Past.
The first seven days of what I call The 21-Day Consciousness Cleanse are dedicated to creating a powerful magnet of desire and cleaning out the turbulent emotions, outdated beliefs, unresolved incidents and restricting thoughts that have taken root in our minds and hearts.
- Write a list of the grudges and resentments you have been carrying around that you are ready to let go. Release them by tearing up the paper into tiny little pieces.
- Understanding that your outer world is a reflection of your inner world, release 100 pieces of clutter from your past that now occupy your home, office and surroundings.
Week Two: The Present.
Having released everything that has depleted your vitality and held you back, stand firmly in the present moment. Take an honest look at where and who you are today, observing what is and is not working in your life.
- Begin an ongoing present-moment awareness practice today. Set an hourly alarm; then, each time it reminds you, become present for five minutes to nature, to your body and breath or to the present moment itself.
- Surprise yourself by challenging preconceptions of yourself; take measured risks and do something differently today.
Week Three: The Future.
In this final phase, you have the opportunity to look into the future and see who you want to be from this day forward.
- Choose a sacred value that can serve as the foundation for your future, such as abundance, compassion, grace or integrity, and surround yourself with images, prayers, songs and scents that invoke it for you. Identify and act on choices that allow you to express that value.
- Spend time each morning, afternoon and evening checking in with your natural divine GPS. See if you made wrong turns and find out where that still, small voice wants you to go next.
Debbie Ford is a New York Times bestselling author of eight books, including The Shadow Effect, co-authored with Deepak Chopra and Marianne Williamson, and The 21-Day Consciousness Cleanse. Visit DebbieFord.com.