Balance and Transform with the Raindrop Technique
Apr 29, 2019 05:43PM
by Hal SmithThe Raindrop Technique is a powerful technique using essential oils that was developed by Young Living founder D. Gary Young in the 1980s which combines several modalities to support balance and transformation. It also supports body systems on both a physical and emotional level.
Benefits of The Raindrop Technique:
- Balance and realignment of energy centers – The combination of techniques supports the electrical and structural alignment of the body. The essential oil blend Valor helps to support alignment, and has been referred to as the “chiropractor in the bottle.”
- Non-manipulative – No manipulation as in chiropractic is performed. The oils help support the body to come back into harmony by opening energy flow throughout the body.
- Reduction of stress and minor anxiety – Not only can the oils help to support positive emotions such as joy and happiness, but they can also help support the release of negative emotions that are subconsciously stored on a cellular level.
- Body’s natural response to irritation and injury – Thyme and oregano support the immune, respiratory, nervous and other body systems, as well as being strong antioxidants.
- Muscle relaxation – Muscles that are tense and in minor discomfort can also benefit. Basil, wintergreen, marjoram, cypress and peppermint essential oils support the reduction of muscular tension.
- Immune system – Oregano and thyme essential oils are supportive of a healthy immune system.
- Emotional wellness and release – Essential oils support the limbic system, where emotions are stored in the “brain’s emotional computer.”
- Toxin release – The oils that are high in phenols support the cleansing of cellular receptor sites, which further supports the release of stored toxins.
The Raindrop Technique uses seven single essential oils, two blends and one essential oil bodywork blend during the session. It is congruent with the French application of aromatherapy where essential oils are applied NEAT (undiluted) to the body.
Vita Flex was brought to the U.S. in the 1920s by Stanley Burroughs. It is an ancient Tibetan modality meaning “vitality through the reflexes.” Its theory is based on the fact that slight pressure applied to certain reflex points in a specific manner creates an electric charge through the nerve pathways of the body. This is known as piezoelectricity.
Feather stroking is similar to a bodywork energy technique called effleurage. However, this specific technique was actually developed by Native American people. Essential oils are dropped from about six inches above the spine, simulating raindrops. It feels like a drop of rain gently striking the spine, and it is very relaxing and comforting. Because the oils are said to have their own frequency, it is thought that they interact with a person’s electric vibrational field even before interacting with the nerve pathways, which can enhance the electromagnetic properties of the oils.
Okra Charlotte is offering special pricing on Raindrop sessions in the month of May. For more information, call Okra Charlotte, located at 1912 Commonwealth Ave., at 704-266-1443 or visit OkraCharlotte.com.